Last Fall I was juried-in as a new studio artist at The Foundry Art Centre, St. Charles, MO. A double-studio on the river side of the building came available at the end of June. Updates to the sprinkler system were done in early July, and 6 days of electrical updates were completed last Friday.
I started moving in 2 weeks ago: moving boxes by car, painting walls, cleaning the floor, assembling shelving units, laying out table placements on the floor with tape for the new electrical drop-boxes (thank you Foundry and city of St. Charles!!!). I am about 50% moved in. Next week I hope to make and install tables, move my large flat files, press, and the rest of the studio stuff.
The new space will start with:
- 4, 36″x80″ work tables with dedicated hot plates, heat guns and support materials and tools for encaustic. (Tables can me moved as needed for bigger projects.)
- Up to 4 chairs per table, as needed for participants and projects
- a 24″x48″ press bed etching press for printing encaustic-plexi plate monoprints/monotypes as well as traditional etchings and collagraphs.
- a printmaking work bench for inking plates and rolling up Akua water-based inks
- a Paula Roland Hot Box for encaustic monoprints/monotypes
- a large drying rack for class/workshop projects.
- a double-high flat file for storage demo/work station
- storage shelves for the studio, as well as class projects in progress
- some bulk materials that can be ordered at discount (beeswax, damar crystals, papers, …) and available for purchase by class/workshop participants.
I will start offering open-studio access in October, and a combination of class/workshops and open-studio time in November and December. I will be working on scheduling my classes, as well as WaxCentric (https://waxcentric.wordpress.com/) workshops and meetings next week. Tentatively, studio hours will be Tues-Sat., 10am-4pm (working around calendar holidays, and local events).
I am working on moving in through September, and will be in and out between 10am and 4 pm Tuesdays – Friday. Come see me in studio #7-8.