Like many, I use the Internet for information gathering, sourcing, and inspiration. I read news articles, find new art blogs, follow leads, and look at a lot of images. Here is a short list of what crossed my monitor this week.
- Lynda Benglis Discusses Contraband. Whitney videos from their Watch and Listenseries. Always a pleasure to listen to an artist dedicated to her work and process.
- Toby Ziegler: The Hedonistic Imperative. An interview with Toby Ziegler regarding his painting, The Hedonistic Imperative, and working methods. Part of 280 video artist interviewson the Tate’s website. These rich interviews provide insights into the artist’s work, studio practice, views on life and art.
- Womack Video Workshops. New series of encaustic video workshops. If you are new to encaustic, or wanting to learn new skills, you are sure to learn a lot from her videos. Take a look at the free Getting Started video.
- Marketing Mondays: The Gallery Program. Another great article from Joanne Mattera from her Marketing Mondays series.
- 9 Reasons Why Failure Is Not Fatal. Videos and articles. Inspirational.
- A Fair Use Primer (links). Short article.
- Hanging Art Work. Informative with good instructions.
- How to Make a Carton. Instructions for making a quick carton for artwork storage, transportation or shipping (I would put this into another box with packing foam.)
- How Its Made: Pencil. Who knew! The steps in making a Staedtler’s pencil are numerous and very interesting.
Have a favorite web site, blog, video, or resource? Post it in a comment!